My record as your Commissioner and Vice Mayor includes:
- Served one term as Vice Mayor of the City of South Miami (2 years).
- Served as Commissioner of the City of South Miami (6 years).
- Voted to lower taxes in the City South Miami
- Creating the Affordable Housing Committee that support mandate for first time home-owner to receive $25,000 towards their home.
- Support CRA initiatives
- Sponsor the resolution establishing South Miami as a Point of Distribution Site by the County for Disaster Relief Supplies.
- Support safety, parking, and better traffic flow throughout the City of South Miami
- Sponsored an ordinance requiring the City to add a new section to the Land Development code entitled ” Affordable Housing Concurrency Reserve”.
- Sponsored a resolution requiring the City to create a Deputy Clerk position
- Create a children Book Club in the city.
- Support the completion of building of Municipal Parking Garage (SW 73 Street and 59 Place), which has been instrumental in increasing businesses property values.
- Worked with the Commission and Baptist Hospital to open the South Miami Children’s Clinic at Murray Park.
- Sponsor the resolution relating to Affordable Housing and designing ” City Commission Work Day “in conjunction with Habitat for Humanity to construct Affordable Housing.
- Serve on the Community Action Agency (CAA) Board
- Sponsor the resolution authorizing the City to participate in League of Cities prescription discount card program.
- Sponsor the resolution establishing policy waiving fees under limited circumstances in Community Redevelopment ( CRA)
- Serve on the Miami- Dade Homeless Trust Board
- Presently serving on the City of South Miami Planning Board
Contact me with your concerns and issues about our City.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell Phone: 786-208-9718
Learn more about my platform on Social Media: